The February D.E.A.R.S. Club Meeting will take place on Wednesday, February 12th, 2020.
D.E.A.R.S. Club Meeting begins at 6:00 pm
There will be no VE testing session this month as we work to identify a new VE liaison to the ARRL.
Due to a couple important meeting items at the last meeting (please see the minutes on the website), we were unable to actually work some satellite passes. We will be spending from 6:05 to 7:15 in the parking lot working both linear and FM satellites. These will include the CAS oscars as well as SO-50.
New streamlined procedure for club business: at the last Executive Board Meeting we discussed how to reduce club business and focus more on amateur radio. As a result, the following new procedure will be used for all club matters.
- Resolution or change is read at the General Club Meeting.
- Comments/discussion are accepted via email or presented in person at the following Executive Board Meeting.
- The Secretary will provide a verbal report of no more than 2 minutes at the following General Club Meeting.
- Members who are yet to submit comments will have 30 seconds each to add a verbal comment before the vote is had, following the Secretary’s summary.
- Discussion on the subject will end and a vote will be had.
*** IMPORTANT – NEW MEETING LOCATION ***
This month’s meeting will be held at Disney’s Pop Century Cast Services Building. Directions to the location are as follows:
Disney’s Pop Century Cast Services Building
Magic conference room
Coming from I-4:
– Take Osceola Parkway exit, follow signs for “Other Guest Areas”
– Follow signs for Pop Century Resort and take Right turn on Victory Way
– Turn right at sign for Pop Century Resort onto Century Dr
– Before security guard post, take left onto Cayman Way
– Speak to guard at gate, and park in lot
We will be monitoring the 147.300 PL tone 103.5 repeater and the 442.000 D-Star repeater. If you and are having trouble finding us, just give a call on 146.52 simplex.
The “Chat and Chew” will NOT be at the McDonalds near the All-Star Resort as it is currently under construction. Another venue can be coordinated via slack.
73s de Andy, Ian, and Steve